This version was released and last updated on : 27 July 2017
DirectX 12 Free Download Latest version for Windows 7, Windows 8.1/8, Vista and XP. DirectX enables best quality games and multimedia. Compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS. This is Offline installer / full standalone setup with Direct link to Download DirectX 12 offline installer.
All major GPU manufacturers are struggling hard to take maximum advantage of DX 12 for the future of games and graphic applications. At this time, DX XII is the most advanced technology in its category. Windows 10 has it already installed, while DirectX on Windows 7 is a mystery.
DirectX 12 ReviewIf you are a game lover you might be well known to DirectX. It is a product of Microsoft and comes pre-installed with Windows OS.
Download Windows 10 for best gaming experience. Direct X 12 is built-in Windows 10.
DirectX is an API (Application Program Interface) designed for best quality experience for Windows PC based high definition games and multimedia content. That's why when you try to install a modern and high definition game on PC, it shows and error and requires to install the latest version of DirectX on your Windows PC.
Tip: Keep your Windows safe from several malware and viruses attached with games downloaded from Internet by downloading Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2017 for Windows 10, 7, 8/8.1 and earlier versions.
Find the latest DirectX XII updates on Twitter.
Download 123 Free Solitaire PC Game
Get DirectX 12 Quick Reference Guide / TutorialLike to test the power of DirectX on Windows 10? Download BlueStacks Offline Installer Latest Version and see the performance of DirectX 12 on PC. Though BlueStacks alternative are available and some of them are pretty good or even better than BlueStacks in performance, it still leads Android emulators for Windows PC category.
Features of Microsoft DirectX 12
- More efficient performance than earlier versions.
- Optimum use of multi-core processor power.
- Shading effects.
- Direct 3D 12 (D3DX12)
- Tessellation texturing technology.
- Smooth animation.
- diagrams titles
- Nice 3D rendering.
- memory capture type tracking
- Multi-processor support.
- Graphic rendering to make it look close to real-life effects.
- Flawless bump mapping technique.
- DXGI tearing feature
- Smoother and less-cluttered shapes.
- Tremendous level of graphics details.
- Direct compute for graphic acceleration, especially for photo editor software like Adobe Photoshop.
- Scalability for Artwork.
- MSAA sample inspection
- Even better SDK layers
- Ready for future video games
- tiling and memory reservation
- Improved performance with modern engine
- Debugging the hangs and crashes
- Higher FPS (frame per second) than earlier ever
- GPU drivers for HLSL shader
- Clang/LLVM based shader compiler
- PIX for performance tuning and debugging for DirectX 12 on Windows
- Enhanced visualizers
- Vast range of GPU plugins
- DXDIAG system diagnostic for true specifications of system
- Enhanced sound quality
- Enhanced warnings UI for more sense
- Support for almost all types of graphic cards, including this page, Intel and ATI.
Microsoft DirectX 12 Technical and Setup Details
- Name: Microsoft DirectX 12
- File size: 572 MB approx
- Type: Full Standalone setup / Offline installer
- Compatible with: All versions of Windows, 32 bit (x86) / 64 bit (x64)
- Developer: Microsoft
- License: Free for Windows
System Requirements for Microsoft DirectX 12 Offline installer
- OS: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8/8.1.
- CPU: Pentium 1.5 GHz
- RAM (Physical memory): 1 GB
- Hard Disk Space: At least 100 MB free disk space.
DirectX 12 Supported Graphic Cards (GPUs)
DirectX 12 Supported NVIDIA GPUs
- GeForce GTX 1070
- GeForce GTX 1060
- GeForce GTX TITAN X
- GeForce GTX 980 Ti
- GeForce GTX 980
- GeForce GTX 980
- GeForce GTX 980M
- AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ RX Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)
DirectX 12 Free Download
- Is Direct X free for Windows 10?
Of course. It is built-in.
- Can I downgrade from DirectX12 to DirectX 11or DX9 on Windows 7 & Windows 10?
It might be possible but fairly complicated for average user. The best method is to create a Restore Point before you upgrade to latest version of DirectX. Once the Restore Point is created, you can always go back and undo the changes made to your system.