Cisco Packet Tracer is a desktop software for Windows to monitor, simulate and manage the whole network. It enables connecting a variety of network devices to the network.
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1
Cisco Packet Tracer is a proud rival of Bosan NetSim, GNS3 and other open source projects in networking category. The most prominent edge of Cisco Packet Tracer is its development team, which is CISCO itself. This sole advantage is enough for Cisco Packet Tracer to beat the competition with GNS3 or Bosan NetSim. Unlike free alternatives, Cisco Packet Tracer is not Free. It is only available for Cisco instructors and students who have joined the Cisco Networking Academy.
Features of Cisco Packet Tracer 6.3Cisco Packet Tracer 6.3 is superior because of the following features:
- IOS Command Log feature
- Easy to use clutter free user interface
- Helpful for CCNA and CCNP training
- Import feature for importing external file inside Packet Tracer http server
- Wired sniffer with repeater feature
- WLAN access point and 3G/4G technology for new supported devices
- http server adds JS and CSS support, HTTP and FTP linked file management support
- Lots of bugs addressed and fixed
- Add devices directly in physical view
Known Bugs in Cisco Packet Tracer 6.3Known remarkable bugs in version 6.3 are:
- ASA 5505 firewall
- ipsec configuration problem
These bugs have been fixed in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.