Cisco Packet Tracer is a desktop software for Windows to monitor, simulate and manage the whole network. It enables connecting a variety of network devices to the network.
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.2
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 6.3
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1.1
Cisco Packet Tracer is a proud rival of Bosan NetSim, GNS3 and other open source projects in networking category. The most prominent edge of Cisco Packet Tracer is its development team, which is CISCO itself. This sole advantage is enough for Cisco Packet Tracer to beat the competition with GNS3 or Bosan NetSim. Unlike free alternatives, Cisco Packet Tracer is not Free. It is only available for Cisco instructors and students who have joined the Cisco Networking Academy.
Packet Tracer can be run on iOS, Linux and Microsoft Windows. A similar Android and iOS apps are also available. Packet Tracer allows users to create simulated network topologies by dragging and dropping routers, switches and various other types of network devices. A physical connection between devices is represented by a "cable" item. Packet Tracer supports an array of simulated Application Layer protocols, as well as basic routing with RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, to the extents required by the current CCNAcurriculum. As of version 5.3, Packet Tracer also supports the Border Gateway Protocol.
Features of Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0Cisco Packet Tracer 7.0 is superior because of the following features:
- SPAN and LLDP
- PoE Support
- IoT Protocol Support
- Easy to use clutter free user interface
- Helpful for CCNA and CCNP training
- Import feature for importing external file inside Packet Tracer http server
- Wired sniffer with repeater feature
- WLAN access point and 3G/4G technology for new supported devices
- http server adds JS and CSS support, HTTP and FTP linked file management support
- Lots of bugs addressed and fixed
- Add devices directly in physical view
Known Bugs in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1Known remarkable bugs in version 7.1 are:
- Ashow ip ospf interface error got fixed, finally.
- service password-encryption command on the ISR 829 router issue resolved
- physical to config menu of the 2901 ISR router issue fixed
- Fixed the issue: A Home-VoIP-PT device was not able to save server address
- Login problem resolved
These bugs have been fixed in Cisco Packet Tracer 7.
Direct download links for Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Student Version for Windows 32-Bit (Direct Download Full Installer)
Download Cisco Packet Tracer 7.1 Student Version for Windows 64-Bit (Direct Download Full Installer)